Wednesday 25 May 2016

I'm just a bus driver.....

Dear Diary,....

It's been 3 weeks. 3 whole weeks in this hell just a few weeks ago I was driving from Paddington to the bank and now I'm in the middle of a war. I'm just a bus driver I don't know anything about guns or....or ammunition I'm just a young chap from London.

It was only 3 weeks ago that I was driving my B-type bus and now my bus is being used as all sorts of things ambulances, messenger pigeon carriers and all sorts I just want to go back home. I NEVER imagined myself on the western front in....God knows where I just want to go back to the days where I'd wake up and get dressed in my uniform and drive all around London in my bus and pick up people and drive them from place to place not be woken up by yelling and screaming and having to put on filthy boots and step out into these hell holes that they call trenches what did I get myself into? I just don't know anymore. Why?....why me what have I EVER done to get myself in to this position. Not ever have I wanted to be a soldier I mean sure all boys say when they where younger they wanted to be soldier but me.....that has never been my dream no matter how boring or silly it sounds all I've ever wanted to be is a bus driver.

I know I cant turn back time but if I could...I would do something, anything to stop this war this prison of life. I can never un-see the things I've seen I can never un-hear the dreadful yells, screams, cries I've heard all I can do is fight. But I dont want to fight!!. Never in my life had I imagined that I'd go from driving around London to dodging bullets.

All the people I've talked to down hear say that this, this fighting, screaming, pain gives them adrenaline and tell me to cry them a river and get over it but I can't......I'm just a boy from London....
I'm just a bus driver.....


No comments:

Post a Comment